Headteacher: Mr John Croker
Telephone: 01225 421675 / 421620
Tue, 20 Mar 2012
School Council Golden Rules
The school council have been set a challenge to try and come up with some new golden rules. Not only for children but for staff to. Each school councillor will be talking to their class about the rules to see what ideas the classes can come up with. So that when the new rules go up we can say that the whole school participated. If you have any ideas talk to your class councillor.
The Newbridge school council are introducing a Newbridge surgery. Which is when the year 6 councillors
will be in the crush hall and any child in year 3,4,5or 6 can come and share their ideas with the school council if they cant talk to their councillor. The first session will be on Tuesday 18th December 12:45-1:15 crush hall tables.
Thu, 08 Mar 2012
How the School Council works
1. School Councillors will hold a discussion with their class about what they want to change and then bring the ideas to the School Council meetings.
2. As well as the main meetings they will hold small meetings during break to decide what the agenda will be for each meeting.
3. An agenda will be written and stuck in the School Council books to discuss with the class.
4. Mr Cumpson and Mr Croker will hold a meeting every term to feed back what the class has said.
5. The minutes will be typed up.
6. Then the whole process starts again.
This year we are supporting 3 Charities
National - Cancer Research (which we did in Term 3).
Local - Bath Cats and Dogs Home
Internation - Oxfam
WHAT IS A SMART SCHOOL COUNCIL? IT'S LIKE A SCHOOL BUS!